September 19, 2023
✈ About us: We believe that aviation will be electric and we need to make this transition happen as soon as possible. Beyond Aero is making long range electric aircraft possible using hydrogen-electric propulsion. Our first aircraft is a zero emission private aircraft, designed for hydrogen propulsion.
In order to strengthen our Engineering team we are looking for aircraft Chief Engineer.
You will work closely with management, engineering, program, product, partners, suppliers and regulations authorities to co-develop the aircraft together.
✈ Subject: Lead specification, development, integration, testing of the world first clean-sheet design Hydrogen-Electric Business Aircraft.
Lead Beyond engineering team
- Structure, mentor and develop the engineering team
- Serve as final authority on design decisions on all disciplines (aerodynamics, structures, powertrain definition, systems layout, supplier selection…) as well as expert level contribution to design processes of each throughout development
- Supervise design, cross-discipline tradeoffs, optimization and testing
Setup and execute the overall development process
- Structure and drive the development logic of the entire aircraft.
- Lead EASA/FAA certification basis/MoC negotiation and demonstration
- Review of specifications / validation of requirements at all levels (Program, Aircraft, System, Components)
Contribute to the technology roadmap
- Manage partners and suppliers management with Program Manager
- Define needed prototypes, tests and demonstrations with program manager
- Test and demonstrate compliance with the applicable regulations and negotiated certification baseline
✈ About you:
- 10 years of expert knowledge of aircraft design, testing and validation
- Must have expert knowledge of design principles across all disciplines (aerodynamics, structures, electrical systems, systems integration) and be capable of mentoring others
- Ability to define and write requirements for all systems of aircraft
- Must have expert knowledge of the certification compliance process and contribute to the certification plan
- Demonstrated experience in delivering aircraft to specification
- Leadership, excellent communication skills, team spirit, empathy and experience leading and empowering teams of engineers
- Curious, autonomous, ambitious and willing to break codes / An attraction for entrepreneurship
✈ Apply: Send an email to email@example.com with your resume, projects/portfolio and lines of motivation with the job title as the email subject.Apply now