✈ About us: We believe that aviation will only be electric in the next decades, and that we need to make this transition happen as soon as possible. Beyond Aero is a startup of 10 passionate people currently building a two-seater hydrogen powered flying aircraft demonstrator. Meanwhile, we are designing a business aircraft able to reach 1000 miles.
We are looking for the next 10 people who want to shape the future of aviation with us. One of them will be in charge of the aircraft airframe architecture definition. You will work closely with the product department, the engineering team, partners, suppliers and regulations to co-develop the aircraft together.
✈ Subject: Lead the first Beyond Aero aircraft airframe architecture definition
- Study, compare and propose options for the structure of One, Beyond Aero's first hydrogen aircraft
- Perform trade studies, requirements derivation, and establish the overall vehicle configuration based on requirements of global architecture.
- Apply understanding of loads paths, design best practices, and hand/manage calculations to design robust structural configurations
- Apply design for manufacturing concepts to create designs that are cost effective and easy to fabricate. Preferred experience with composite (sandwich construction, AFP).
- Develop company standards for composite and metallic part CAD models and drawings
- Help recruit, work closely with and mentor other engineers on the design, stress and materials & processes teams
- Provide technical guidance on design concepts (risk vs. cost vs. performance)
- Support manufacturing to validate and verify that designs meet requirements and specifications
- Accomplish deliverables associated with the airframe architecture for key program milestones, including design reviews, hardware deliveries, testing and certification milestones
- Ensure the aircraft complies with certification and industry guidelines for FAA Part 23 and EASA CS 23 aircraft design
- Lead the airframe development and be responsible for the architecture of Beyond Aero first aircraft airframe in concert with engineering & design team