✈ About us: We believe that aviation will be electric and we need to make this transition happen as soon as possible. Beyond Aero is making long range electric aircraft possible using hydrogen-electric propulsion. Our first aircraft is a zero emission private aircraft, designed for hydrogen propulsion. In order to strengthen our Design team we are looking for a CAS (Creative Aesthetics and Styling) & Alias modeler (m/f/d)
✈ Mission: You will be closely working in an early stage startup with our Head of design to shape the future of aviation. You will be responsible for creating high-quality surfaces for all visible exterior and interior components
Your role will consist in:
- Creating complex and high-quality digital surfaces from early concept to production Class-A level.
- Working in tandem with the Engineering department and our Head of Design to ensure designs integrate in line with Engineering constraints.
- Making use of visualisation softwares to present and promote the ideation, supporting our Head of Design, whilst maintaining a flexible, pro-active approach.
- Working within the virtual world to provides high level 3D digital solution to 2D ideation.
- Interpreting 3D Design models and 2D sketches and translate them into Surface design through Autodesk Alias software.
- Pro-actively looking into new Technology (software & hardware)
- Seeking the time and cost effective methods of achieving the design intent to a ‘fit for purpose’ standard for reviews within given timelines.
- Developing interior and / or exterior surface models in the later phases of the design process.
✈ About you
Desired skills and qualifications
- You have an agile and entrepreneurial spirit.
- You are highly creative - with attention to detail.
- You have already gained initial experience in the field of CAS/Alias, ideally in the automotive or aviation industry.
- You are proficient in VRED, Unreal or equivalent rendering program.
- You have the ability to interpret 2D sketch into 3D digital form whilst maintaining a creative mindset, delivering high quality design assets using Surface development tools.
- You are mostly self-initiated and motivated to deliver customer requirement in a pro-active manner and Interact with key disciplines to achieve the required deliverable.
- Ability to work in virtual teams.
- Spoken and written English.
- Willing to learn
✈️ Your location
Location is flexible: partial remote or possibility of working from our offices in Toulouse.Our Head of design will be working at our Beyond Aero office in Toulouse, France.
✈ Apply: Send an email to email@example.com with your resume, projects/portfolio and lines of motivation with the job title as the email subject.Apply now