September 19, 2023
✈ About us: We believe that aviation will be electric and we need to make this transition happen as soon as possible. Beyond Aero is making long range electric aircraft possible using hydrogen-electric propulsion. Our first aircraft is a zero emission private aircraft, designed for hydrogen propulsion.
In order to strengthen our Engineering team we are looking for a Head of Flights Physics (m/f/d)
✈ Subject: As Head of Flights Physics at Beyond Aero, you will play a vital role in ensuring the safe and efficient flight characteristics of our electric aircraft.
Your role will consist in:
- Part of Chief Engineer team, in charge of sizing, architecture and optimization activities across the aircraft;
- The range encompasses aerodynamic design and assessment, flight dynamics, loads and aeroelastic analysis and management as well as the evaluation of aircraft mass and performance.
- Having the transverse view of the whole aircraft, the main mission is to deliver suitable aircraft design and configuration for optimum performance, from early definition phase through the core design phase and onwards into supporting manufacture, flight-testing and the aircraft in service.
- Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to integrate flight physics considerations into the aircraft's design, including aircraft configuration, control surfaces, and flight control systems and flight control laws.
- Contributing to the development of flight test plans and supporting flight test campaigns and data analysis to validate and refine aircraft performance models and simulations.
- Providing technical expertise and guidance in flight physics to support other engineering teams and ensure successful integration of flight systems.
✈ About you
Desired skills and qualifications
- A strong experience in flight physics, aircraft architecture and aircraft performance analysis, including knowledge of aerodynamics, stability, and control and ability to develop methodologies.
- Proficiency in simulation tools and software and CFD toolchain.
- Experience in wind tunnel testing, flight testing and data analysis, including the interpretation and validation of results.
- Previous CS-23 or CS-25 or FAR equivalent experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to address complex flight physics challenges and architecture trade-offs.
- Knowledge of electric or hybrid-electric propulsion systems is a plus.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Leadership, excellent communication skills, team spirit, empathy and experience leading and empowering teams of engineers
✈️ Your location
You will be working at Beyond Aero office in Toulouse, France. Partial remote working is possible.
✈ Apply: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, projects/portfolio and lines of motivation with the job title as the email subject.Apply now