CAD & PLM lead design architect
✈ About us: We believe that aviation will be electric and we need to make this transition happen as soon as possible. Beyond Aero is making long range electric aircraft possible using hydrogen-electric propulsion. Our first aircraft is a zero emission private aircraft, designed for hydrogen propulsion.
In order to strengthen our Engineering team we are looking for a CAD & PLM lead design architect (m/f/d)
✈ Subject: Lead the first Beyond Aero aircraft CAD & PLM Architecture definition
You will become accountable for CAD & PLM applications for the Head of Vehicle. Your internal customers will be our engineering, manufacturing engineering and production communities.
You will provide reliable CAD & PLM applications for our program under development.
Furthermore, you will contribute to the PLM solutions for our future programs.
Your role will consist in:
- Take the lead on the deployment of Dassault CAD & PLM tools.
- Be responsible for the full aircraft CAD model and ensure its consistency and accuracy
- Make sure the applicable CAD design reference is available to the team
- Gather technical information from the team and ensure the full aircraft CAD model is up-to-date
- Manage the potential conflicts between the subsystems in the CAD/PLM and define the most suitable design interfaces together with the team
- Manage configuration management between baseline, trade studies, WIP and REL
- Define CAD standards (3D, 2D) and PLM processes (releases, up issues, obsolete) across the board.
- Manage EBOM, MBOM.
- Solve and/or coordinate resolution of technical issues in deployment and operation of the CAD System & PLM
- Technically steer and direct our CAD/PLM subcontractors
- Identify digital threats in close collaboration with our cyber security team and develop countermeasures.
- Understand typical use cases, business requirements and user behavior to drive continuous improvement.
- Analyze and answer new feature demands and steer the related release management for your applications.
- Support our IT architects and contribute to the conceptual design of new features and future system landscape, and help to meet requirements preferably with COTS solutions.
- Collect, research and suggest solutions to address new requirements or overcome obsolescence.
✈ About you
Desired skills and qualifications
- Team player
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a similar role, embracing the full aircraft CAD architecture
- Sound knowledge of EASA PLM certification needs.
- Extensive experience in Dassault Systems 3DExperience is a must
- Master’s degree in information technology or aeronautics or similar qualification
- Experience with system administration or database administration would be a plus
- Ability to work in virtual teams
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
Your location: You will be working at Beyond Aero office in Toulouse, France. Partial remote working is possible.
✈ Apply: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, projects/portfolio and lines of motivation with the job title as the email subject.Apply now