Lead Propulsion Aerodynamics Engineer
✈ About us: We believe that aviation will be electric in the next decades, and that we need to make this transition happen as soon as possible. Beyond Aero is a startup of 15 passionate people currently building a two-seater hydrogen powered flying aircraft demonstrator. Meanwhile, we are designing a business aircraft able to reach 1000 miles around the hydrogen powertrain.
We are looking for the next 10 people who want to shape the future of aviation with us. One of them will be in charge of the aircraft aerodynamic part of propulsion system and distribution architecture definition. You will work closely with the engineering team, partners, suppliers and regulations to co-develop this system together.
✈ Subject: Lead aerodynamic design and simulation of propulsion system for the Beyond Aero first aircraft.
- Characterize rotating and static surfaces of the propulsion system
- Define requirements for and manage aerodynamic simulations of rotating and static surfaces of propulsion system
- Establish a standard for turbomachinery simulations within aerodynamics team
- Generate engine decks from simulation results together with powertrain engineers
- Interface with propulsion mechanical systems engineer to define structural loads and requirements of static and rotating surfaces within propulsion system
- Participate in evaluation, selection of and technical interactions with partners and suppliers for the aircraft propulsion system
✈ About you:
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Aerospace Engineering, or any other directly relevant engineering field required
- 3-5 years experience in turbomachinery design required.
- Experience with StarCCM or other CFD tools essential
- Experience with Matlab or Python essential.
- Excellent communication skills, team spirit, empathy, ability to work in a startup environment.
- Curious, autonomous, ambitious and willing to break codes / An attraction for entrepreneurship.
✈ Apply: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, projects/portfolio and lines of motivation with the job title as the email subject.Apply now