September 26, 2022
✈ About us: We believe that aviation will only be electric in the next decades, and that we need to make this transition happen as soon as possible. Beyond Aero is a startup of 10 passionate people currently building a two-seater hydrogen powered flying aircraft demonstrator. Meanwhile, we are designing a business aircraft able to reach 1000 miles.
We are looking for the next 10 people who want to shape the future of aviation with us. One of them will be in charge of the aircraft power architecture and control definition.
✈ Subject: Lead the first Beyond Aero aircraft power electronics definition
- Lead and define the filtering design based on the requirements of the systems (Fuel Cell, Motors, etc…)
- Technical ownership and delivery of power electronics design and control for propulsion and auxiliary systems design throughout the entire development cycle, working closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure accurate and efficient implementation in the aircraft architecture
- Lead the development of controls of power electronics hardware to meet Energy Management requirements and load requirements.
- Monitoring and involvement alongside suppliers to meet the specifications of hardware components
- Lead the Roadmap, Design, Prototyping, and Testing of various power electronic components.
- Participace in optimization and definition of the power architecture (propulsive and non propulsive networks).
- Ensure successful integration with the other subsystems within the powertrain (Fuel Cell System, Battery Packs, Electric Motors drivers,...)
✈ About you:
- Master’s Degree (or higher) in Aerospace, Electrical Engineering or any other directly relevant engineering field required
- Experience in design and testing of high voltage (500V - 800V) systems.
- Experience in designing and testing high current (100-500A) harnesses and systems.
- Experience in designing and building HV batteries and integrating battery management systems
- Experience in designing SiC gate drive circuits, measurement circuits and implementing fault detection/protection systems.
- Circuit simulation using Matlab/Simulink/PSpice.
- Electronics schematic capture and PCB design. Cable harness design
- Design and qualification of systems to aerospace standards such as DO-160.
- Designing to meet EMC requirements for electric drive unit (EDU) components.
- Proficient in safe use of high voltage test equipment such as PSUs, power analysers, motor test dynos etc.
- Experience with laboratory test equipment: Spectrum Analyser, Signal Analyser, Signal Generator, Oscilloscope and DVM
- Understanding of motor control schemes is desirable.
- Accomplish deliverables associated with the power architecture for key program milestones, including design reviews, hardware deliveries, testing and certification milestones
- Leadership and excellent communication skills, team spirit, empathy and experience leading and empowering teams of engineers
- Excellent understanding of general design principles and technical correlations
- Curious, autonomous, ambitious and willing to break codes / An attraction for entrepreneurship
✈ Apply: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, projects/portfolio and lines of motivation with the job title as the email subject.Apply now