Full - Time
✈ About us: We believe that aviation will be electric and we need to make this transition happen as soon as possible. Beyond Aero is making long range electric aircraft possible using hydrogen-electric propulsion. Our first aircraft is a zero emission private aircraft, designed for hydrogen propulsion.
In order to strengthen our Engineering team we are looking for a Thermo-Hydraulic Engineer (m/f/d)
✈ Subject: Working closely with our Lead Thermal Management System Engineer, you will play a crucial role in the design and optimisation of our aircraft's thermal and hydraulic systems.
Your role will consist in:
- Conducting detailed analysis and modeling of powertrain thermal management systems, including cooling, heating, and ventilation systems.
- Performing thermo-hydraulic performance analysis of thermal management systems for fuel-cell, power electronics and e-motor cooling for exemple.
- Performing model based study of the thermal management systems, implementing new models and methodologies or identifying and using existing ones to perform system analysis.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define system requirements and performance targets for powertrain thermal management.
- Performing computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulations and heat transfer analysis to assess system performance and make recommendations for improvement.
- Conducting experimental testing and validation of thermal management system components and subsystems.
- Collaborating with suppliers to evaluate and select appropriate components and materials for thermal management systems.
- Participating in design reviews, provide technical expertise, and contributing to the overall product development process.
- Staying updated with the latest industry trends, technologies, and regulations related to powertrain thermal management systems.
- Documenting and presenting analysis results, technical reports, and recommendations to internal teams and stakeholders.
✈ About you
Desired skills and qualifications
- A bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or any other related field.
- Knowledge of electric or hybrid-electric propulsion systems and experience in designing and background in thermal management systems design and development is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, and computational fluid dynamics (CFD).
- Solid understanding of fluid mechanics and hydraulic system design principles.
- Knowledge of fuel-cell systems.
- Familiarity with powertrain components, systems, and their thermal management requirements.
- Proficiency in using CFD software packages (e.g., ANSYS Fluent, STAR-CCM+, or similar).
- Proficiency in engineering design and simulation tools (e.g., SolidWorks, CATIA, MATLAB, or similar).
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, ability to address complex thermo-hydraulic challenges.
- Ability to work as part of a team, strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts effectively.
- Ability to work in virtual teams.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
✈️ Your location
You will be working at Beyond Aero office in Toulouse, France. Partial remote working is possible.
✈ Apply: Send an email to email@example.com with your resume, projects/portfolio and lines of motivation with the job title as the email subject.Apply now